In this recipe you will learn how to grill sweet peppers and then layer them in olive oil, salt, black pepper and rosemary. A combination difficult to resist because it brings all barbecue flavours – sweet, salt and tangy. Also, you can serve in multiple ways.
Beyond a delicious barbecue flavour, the strengthen of this recipe is that you can use in multiple ways. You can use on top of bread as a light meal and as a pizza topping as well. Or you can serve with a green salad and mozzarella. If you want to learn how to make pizza dough step by step look here.
You will need a clean jar to store and refrigerate it. If you want to learn how to sterilize jars for preserves look here.
- One red, yellow and green organic pepper approximately the same size.
- Olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and rosemary for seasoning.
How to grill sweet peppers
- As close to the flame as possible grill red, yellow and green peppers for around 20 minutes while turning it to burn skin at all sides.
- After that time, put peppers in paper bags and close bags for 5 minutes.
- Remove the seeds and the stem and peel off peppers skin. After peeling by hand, finish the process by using paper towel to take little pieces of skin instead of washing peppers because washing takes out flavours.
- Cut each pepper lengthwise in desired pieces roughly the same size.
How to layer grilled sweet peppers
- In a clean jar, pour 80 ml of olive oil, half a teaspoon of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Alternate pieces of red, yellow and green pepper. Add a sprig of fresh rosemary, a two-to six-inches long. If you don’t have the plant to cut, the dried ones will work. In that case, you will need half a teaspoon as a substitute.