You will learn how to make pizza dough with all purpose flour step by step. This recipe is a game changer because uses water at room temperature and pizza dough cooks perfectly in home ovens.
Many people wonder why pizza dough turns out so delicious at pizza restaurants while at home the outcome is only ok or disappointing.
There are many factors which contribute for a successful homemade pizza dough. The quality of the flour plays a crucial role because flour quality varies significantly.
In addition, pizza restaurants cook pizza doughs at around 400 Celsius or 752 F for only 4 to 6 minutes, so the heat turns pizza crust crispy outside and melt cheese on top. At home, you can not reach this temperature.
Another factor is the correct temperature of the water to prepare the dough. Fresh yeast requires lukewarm water and it is easy to heat the water too much, so killing the yeast; or too little, so the dough does not rise well.
This recipe uses all purpose flour which is easy to find. It requires water at room temperature. Also, it is perfect to bake in the home oven, as you will cook at 200 Celsius or 390 F.
The final dough yields four pizzas, so it will save you time and the outcome is super delicious. Serve with a super easy green salad with cashew nuts.
Warning: your local pizza place will end up missing you!
Ingredients of homemade pizza dough with all purpose flour
- 1 kg all purpose flour or T65 flour
- 1/2 l water at room temperature
- 40 g raw sugar
- 40 ml olive oil
- 10 g sea salt
- 10 g dry yeast
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, sea salt and yeast and blend by hand with a spoon.
- Add wet ingredients: olive oil and water and blend again with a spoon.
- At this stage lumps will appear.
- Transfer batter to a lightly floured surface and work the batter with your hands.
- Fold the dough onwards and work with your hands until you reach a smooth dough. It will take 10 to 15 minutes until you reach a smooth dough.
- Cut dough in four pieces.
- Cover the dough you will use with a wet cloth for around 1 hour.
- Freeze the others.
- Cut mozzarella in pieces and put it in a sieve to drain water excess.
- Before working on the dough, turn your oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Let it heat for 15 minutes.
- After 1 hour the dough will have doubled its size. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until you reach your pizza pan size.
- The dough will surpass the pizza pan.
- Make a small cut on the edge of the dough to fold its edge. Add the tomato sauce of your preference and bake for 5 to 7 minutes. It is really important to bake pizza dough with the tomato sauce on top to not dry it.
- When you take out of the oven, the edges will still be white. Do not brown the edges at this stage.
- Add your favourite mozzarella and topping.
- Bake again for 4-7 minutes until edges are lightly brown.